The British Chamber of Commerce in Japan is an exceptionally active and ever-expanding private membership organisation serving over 740 high-calibre members, linked via eight state-of-the art communications channels.
Open to members of all nationalities, we offer high-value events, productive networking and promotional opportunities, valuable information services, and access to influential individuals and institutions.
Our mission is to strengthen business ties between the UK and Japan, promote and support the business interests of all our members, and actively encourage new British business into the Japanese market as well as Japanese investment into the UK.
This mission is supported by our close and long-standing links with the British Embassy, the British Council, the European Business Council, as well as an extensive network of trade organisations in Japan and the UK.
Our members can enjoy:
- Connecting online with a network of over 700 members (approximately 200 businesses)
- Priority attendance and reduced rates at BCCJ events, and member-only special events
- Opportunities to network at a senior level with UK, Japanese organisations and individuals
- Access to the British Embassy and key policy makers in Japan
- Engaging in thought leadership, and influencing decision makers through Quarterly Question Times and Brown Bag Lunches
- Access to visiting dignitaries from business, government, political, and also royal circles
- Invitations to socialise with other BCCJ members at informal 51 Nights (60-80 attendees from a broad range of industries), and with members from other Chambers of Commerce
- Participating in the annual British Business Awards, which showcase the best of UK business and culture in the Japanese market
- Reduced advertising rates in BCCJ ACUMEN and promotional opportunities at BCCJ events
- A unique log in access for the BCCJ website and customisable, member-only pages and weekly e-newsletter
- Access to offers and special benefits from other member companies through the BCCJ website