There are still oppportunities to become an Export to Japan partner. Details of how to apply and what we are looking for.
There are currently more than 27 Export to Japan partners providing offers or discounts to UK companies through this website. If you are a company providing buisness services to exporters coming to Japan then you may be interested in applying to become one of our partners.
Immediate Partnering Opportunities
There are still opportunities to join these companies and become one of our accredited partners in a number of buisness categories from now until 31 July 2015. Partnership opportunities are in the following business categories but not exclusive to this list:
- Legal Services
- Logistics & Freight
- Events Management
- Product Launch & Consumer Research
- Banking & Finance
Partnering Opportunities from January 2016
We will be carrying out a comprehensive exercise to appoint future Export to Japan partners from January 2016. The details of this will be finalised by the Project Board nearer the time. In the meantime, we would welcome expressions of interest from companies who may be interested.
Benefits of Partnering
The benefits of partnering include:
- ability to reach UK exporters to Japan directly through the site
- one of only three accredited partners in each category
- showcase your company's services through your own profile page, offer page and related contents (see samples below)
- associate your company with Export to Japan and the four strategic partners
- Invitations to an agreed number of events at the British Embassy Tokyo
- provide information about the Japanese market to raise awareness of your industry with UK exporters
What We Are Looking For
We would like each partner to provide a specific offer for UK companies who use the Export to Japan site. Details of how to access the offer must be automatically downloadable via the Export to Japan website by UK companies. We are looking for services for UK companies which provide them with market value in their entry or exploration of the Japanese market. This can include specific discounts off your services, free consultations in the UK or Japan, as well as bespoke offers to support them.
The definitions of each of the categories is set out in the application form below.
Who Decides on the Application?
The decision to appoint partners is made by the Export to Japan Project Board comprised of the four strategic partners. The Project Board will appoint up to three partners in each category on the basis of your offer, after assessing the following criteria:
- Value of the offer to the UK companies
- Flexibility of the offer for UK companies
- Experience with international/UK clients
- Marketing capabilities/proposals in support of the scheme
- Balance of offers within each category
Please note that the Project Board will not approve applications that they feel do not meet the above criteria and provide value for UK companies coming to Japan. We will sign an MoU with all successful partners. Please note that these criteria may be updated by the Project Board for the next round of applications in July.
How to Apply
Please see a sample of the way profiles of partners look on the site. If you are interested, please complete the application form below. Please send the completed form to: email@example.com with subject 'Application to become Export to Japan Partner'. The Export to Japan team may come back to clarify details as required.