With GDP 1.9 times larger than the UK, and GDP per capita 8 times that of China, Japan is Asia's high-tech powerhouse economy.
Japan is Still a Lucrative Market for UK Companies Seeking to Do Business in Overseas Markets
- 62 Fortune 500 companies are Japanese (the UK has 26).
- Japan boasts the highest number of millionaires in Asia.
- Hunger for IP, especially in high-end electronics, biopharmaceuticals and business services.
- Young entrepreneurs are challenging old ways
- Japan has the fourth highest R&D spend in the world at 3.39% of world GDP.
- It is also a stable place to do business: commitments are upheld and things happen on time.
- Doing business holds fewer surprises in Japan than elsewhere in the region - with IP, in particular, well protected, and payment, deliveries and responses to queries arriving promptly.
Contact one of our expert trade advisers to assess your market potential for doing business in Japan.
For additional information, login or sign up to download our detailed market report The Definitive Guide to Doing Business in Japan.
Updated: May 2016