The Department for International Trade (DIT) Tokyo team is organising a Technology Trade Mission to Tokyo to coincide with CEATEC, the largest international ICT tradeshow in Japan, 16-19 October 2018
This mission which will coincide with Japan’s major CPS/IoT tradeshow CEATEC will give innovative UK Technology firms an opportunity to exhibit as part of the UK Pavilion, pitch your products at a seminar and develop a strong personal network to take your business forward to Japan.
What to expect on the 2018 Technology Mission to Tokyo:
- Presence at the UK pavilion (hosted by British Embassy Tokyo) at CEATEC, supported by bilingual receptionist and interpreter as well as local DIT tech trade team. You will have a dedicated desk to demonstrate your product to visitors.
- Welcome drinks with the Embassy’s key technology contacts of the Embassy, including leading ICT companies, system integrators, trading houses, etc.
- Opportunity to speak at a UK technology seminar held as part of the official CEATEC programme
- Pitch at a stage near the UK pavilion at CEATEC with companies of other national pavilions
- A range of potential media exposure opportunities
- Attendance to the official CEATEC opening reception
CEATEC (Combined Exhibition of Advanced Technologies) is one of the largest ICT tradeshows in Asia held at Makuhari Messe, Chiba Prefecture (neighbouring Tokyo), organised by the Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA), the Communications and Information Network Association of Japan (CIAJ), and the Computer Software Association of Japan (CSAJ). The tradeshow, marking its 19 anniversary this year, has a strong focus on IoT, exploring new ways of B2B collaborations and future business models. In 2017, it attracted 667 exhibitors and 152,066 visitors.
Criteria, Price and Deadlines
In order to apply, you need to:
- be a registered company in the UK
- offer innovative technology concerning at least one of the following areas: IoT, AI, big data, 5G, cybersecurity, blockchain and AR/VR
- ideally be in business for at least over the past two years
- have the products/services already available in the market
Participation fee: £420 (excluding VAT) to be paid by 15 Sep.
Delegates would be responsible for covering their airfare and accommodation.
Applications must be received no later than 23.59 GMT on 31 Aug 2018.
Accepted delegates will be notified by 7 Sep.
Acceptance is non-transferable.
Department for International Trade (DIT)