Join DIT's second Fintech Trade Mission to Tokyo in January 2017, and begin exporting your services to Japan.
Meet Key People in the Fintech Sector in Japan and Start Doing Business in Japan
Join our second Fintech Trade Mission to Tokyo in January if you are interested in doing business with Japanese companies/expanding into the Japanese market!
Japan boasts the second biggest financial market in the world, and fintech has been trending since last year and drawing a great deal of attention.
This trade mission will provide you with a variety of excellent opportunities to have a better understanding of the Japanese market, get connected with the right people like top senior executives and decision-makers, and raise your profile amongst the Japanese audience.
If you would like to take part, please download and fill out the application form below, and email it to Yumiko.Suzuki@fco.gov.uk.
Tentative Programme (to be confirmed)
Monday, 16 Jan
- Arrive in Tokyo – Briefing over dinner (Optional)
Tuesday, 17 Jan
Half day briefing session
- Japanese FSA: Briefing of regulations in Japan followed by Q&A session
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) / Accenture: Introduction of the support TMG can provide to foreign companies setting up business in Tokyo (Accenture is commissioned by TMG to provide free consultation to foreign companies.)
- Influencers: Networking with key persons from Japanese fintech startups/ IT vendors / Fintech Association/ Law firms in the Japanese fintech market.
Wednesday, 18 Jan
- We are asking a fintech accelerator/ mega bank to receive the delegation and brief about their business and initiatives on fintech.
Pitch Session (Doors open at 18:30)
- Target audience: 80 people from banks, insurance companies, VCs, e-commerce platform, IT vendors (Information Services International Dentsu, Hitachi, Fujitsu, NEC, IBM), etc.
- You will have 5 minutes to demonstrate your services/ products in front of the audience.
- Drinks and refreshments will be provided. You will have an opportunity to mingle with the guests.
Thursday, 19 Jan
Open Innovation Forum by NTT DATA
- NTT DATA is one of the leading IT vendors who extensively work with financial institutions.
- NTT DATA will be holding the open innovation forum exclusively for the UK fintech delegates.
- Target Audience: 250 people (megabanks/ regional banks/ insurance/ securities/ VCs/ retail/ ICT, etc.)
Part 1: 1 to 1 meeting with staff of NTT DATA
In-depth discussion of services/products of UK fintech companies
Part 2: Pitch session/Meetings with staff of NTT DATA and their clients
Opportunities to present your product to the audience, followed by individual meetings with companies who found your product of interest.
Part 3: Networking drinks
Mingle with NTT DATA staff and their clients
*You can see photos of the event from the link below. (Japanese only)
Friday, 20 Jan
Target Audience: 50-60 board members/directors/decision makers from Japanese financial firms.
a) To showcase the UK as an attractive location to set up business premise for fintech
b) To help Japanese financial institutions accelerate adoption of fintech and thereby create business opportunities for UK fintech start-up companies.
You will have a networking opportunity with the audience.
Participation Fee: GBP 840 (+VAT) *If your company meets the criteria, you may request for an exemption of participation fee. Please see the application form for more information.
Maximum number of UK delegates: 12 companies
Comments from UK delegates in the past:
"Thank you for a great week. It was a huge success for us. We now have a much greater understanding of what we need to do to enter into the Japanese market and are starting to build relationship with right people to make it happen - including megabanks, accountancy software and regulations."
"I had a number of meetings the following week that dropped out of the sessions at the Embassy and NTT DATA, and we are now engaged with their teams for example."
Reports on the Japanese fintech market:
If you would like to know more about the market before making a decision, reports on the Japanese fintech market are available on Export to Japan. Registration and downloading reports are free of charge.
Application cut-off date: 4 November 2016
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to receiving your application!
Department for International Trade Japan