Join UKTI's interactive beginners' course and learn the basics of business Japanese and gain an insight into cultural attitudes and behaviours.
Anyone with a business interest in this huge market will benefit from our day long Japanese language and culture workshop.
Delivered by a quality assured trainer, this interactive beginners' course is designed to introduce you to the basics of business Japanese and gain an insight into the cultural attitudes and behaviours.
What will you learn?
You will expand your language and cultural skills with expert tuition, leaving you confident enough to use what you have learnt when you communicate with customers and business partners.
Overview of basic language including:
Meeting and greeting
- Please, thank you, sorry, do you speak English etc.
- Giving personal information
- Numbers and days of the week
- Making phone calls and following up
- Socialising - creating the right impression
- Eating out: What to expect, placing your order, and tipping etiquette
- Drinking: What and how much!
- Introducing yourself: How to meet and greet your Japanese counterparts
- Communication styles: How to express yourself effectively
- Relationship Building and Networking: How to gain trust and respect
- Meeting protocols: What format will the meeting take?
- Presentations and negotiations: Formal vs informal styles
- Manners and etiquette: The dos and don'ts
- Market Entry: the best way for you
- Practical travelling tips
This course is free to attend - please complete the online booking form to register your place. Priority will be given to companies from the East Midlands region. Due to demand we are only able to offer 1 place per company.
21 Junction Approach, LE19 1WQ Leicester, United Kingdom