The changing face of the Japanese games industry is making it easier and easier for new companies to enter this exciting and dynamic space. Watch our recorded webinar to find out what it takes to succeed and some of the pitfalls to avoid.
Japanese Games Market Overview
The Japanese games industry has changed a lot due to the popularity of smartphones and a move to a more casual style of gaming. While some of the big players are struggling, new entrants into the market, particularly for smartphone games, are finding success and changing the business landscape. Although new market entry is now easier than ever, there are many aspects of the industry that you need to be aware of to succeed. The webinar will cover:-
- General overview of the Japanese games market (console, online, mobile)
- Major players and popular games titles in Japan
- Opportunities for UK games developers/publishers in Japan
UK Trade & Investment Japan's Head of Technology, Etsuo Watanabe will host our special guest speaker James Wragg, Section Manager, Production Division at Pyramid Inc.
Pyramid, Inc. is a Tokyo-based game development company focused on producing innovative game software utilising the latest technology. They work across multiple platforms from console to smart devices and browsers and have produced multiple hit franchises both domestically and abroad.
James Wragg has been engaged in the games-related business in Japan over the last ten years and has been responsible for multiple aspects from staff recruiting, business development to consulting and market entry. He has extensive experience and knowledge about the following areas:
- Japanese market-focussed content planning
- Project Management (scheduling, budget, client liaison, vendor selection, staffing)
- Business development (domestic and international)
- Market research (social games/media, crowd funding, foreign markets, etc)
This webinar was recorded on 17 September 2014.
To find out your market potential in Japan, please Send Us Your Enquiry.