Watch our webinar to learn what steps may work for you regarding market entry and business development in Japan.
Enter the Japanese Market and Build and Scale Your Business in Japan
Background to the Webinar
It is no secret that Japan has the world’s fastest growing elderly population. Over a quarter of the population is over 65 years old, and this "silver market" is driving the demand for pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
The pharmaceutical industry is projecting a 2.2% annual growth, with revenues totalling $128 billion by 2018.
But how can UK-based companies enter this vast life sciences market?
To answer that question, we are pleased to host Nick Lines, Japan General Manager at Abcam.
Abcam plc, is a global life science e-commerce company that originated in 1998 from a laboratory in the University of Cambridge, and is now focusing on becoming the most influential life science company for researchers worldwide.
As of today, the company has over 850 employees across sales, production and distribution offices located in Asia, UK and the USA. Abcam supplies protein research tools, primary and secondary antibodies, biochemicals, proteins, peptides, lysates, immunoassays and other kits.
About the Speaker
During this webinar, Nick Lines walks you through the steps Abcam took to penetrate the Japanese market. Nick has extensive experience in the Japanese life sciences market, and answers live questions towards the end of the webinar.
The webinar is facilitated by Steve Crane, CEO of Business Link Japan, who specialises in supporting UK companies with market entry and expansion in Japan.
Benefits of Watching
UK companies in the life sciences sector will be able to learn what steps may work for them regarding market entry in Japan.
Some of the questions that we covered are:
- How did Abcam establish in Japan and grow the business so rapidly?
- What are the benefits of creating a presence on the ground in Japan versus continuing to work with a distributor?
- Is there value in the complicated network of different levels of wholesalers? Is it possible to sell direct to the end user?
- What challenges surround transitioning away from a distributor and getting closer to customers?
- How did Abcam position their website for their Japanese customers?
- The importance of outside sales teams, recruitment of bilingual staff in Japan, creating transparency on activities for overseas HQ, etc.
This webinar was recorded on 16 February 2016.
Send us your enquiry to find out your potential of doing business in Japan.
Check out our dedicated life sciences page for the latest news and articles.